The quarterfinals of the 2016 BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells completed on Thursday with Karolina Pliskova and Victoria Azarenka being the final two players to punch their ticket for the semis.
In the morning, Pliskova had no troubles with fellow youngster Daria Kasatkina, sending the Russian player packing after two sets of one-way tennis. Afterwards, Pliskova also made the tournament’s doubles finals, playing with partner Julia Görges.
The evening match between Victoria Azarenka and Magdalena Rybarikova went even quicker, as the Slovakian proved to be helpless against the 2012 BNP Paribas Open champion. Being hampered by an injury, Rybarikova failed to get a single win on the board and Azarenka scored her first double-bagel victory of the 2016 season.
The 2016 BNP Paribas Open is quickly heading towards its exciting conclusion. Both semifinals are on the agenda for tomorrow, featuring the marquee match between the world #1 & #2 players as Serena Williams will be facing off with Agnieszka Radwanska.
OUR PHOTOS FROM PREVIOUS DAYS:
- Wednesday: Aga and Serena make the semifinals
- Tuesday: The making of the quarterfinals
- Monday: Third-round wraps up in Indian Wells
- Sunday: Williams, Kvitova and Radwanska move on
- Saturday: Kerber makes early exit
- Friday: Venus Williams’ return
- Thursday: Ivanovic, Williams, Petkovic, Kerber, Bouchard, Goerges, Robson, Kvitova, and others
- Wednesday: Main draw matches kick off
- Tuesday: Qualifying action