Several years ago, the Australian Open was all yellow, while now, having seen several new products of major tennis apparel brands, I can safely say that the 2016 tournament will be dominated by orange/red outfits. I have already shown you the Adidas dress Ana Ivanovic and Kristina Mladenovic will wear in Melbourne, while now it’s time to present the dress Stella McCartney prepared for Caroline Wozniacki as part of the Adidas Barricade spring/summer 2016 collection (is Stella going to switch to world No.3 Garbine Muguruza as top representative?).
Twitter page CaroWozniackiNews shared with us these photos and we can see that the Dane’s Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tour Dress for the Australian Open is a peach racerback item with beige side panels that create a visual effect of a very feminine figure.
The Twitter page also shared this photo of Caro practicing in her new dress, while there is also this short promo clip by Adidas.
Color-blocks have been very present in women’s tennis fashion for years now and the upcoming season will apparently continue to nurture them. Stella’s separates for the 2016 Australian Open include colors ranging from amber yellow to peach and red, with white and silver accents.
Below you can see the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tour Cap Sleeve, Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tour Tank and Adidas Stella McCartney Aussie Skirt, although I think that the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tour Skirt or Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Skirt would look even better with these tops.
We also have this promo pic of Caro wearing the tank and skort from the 2016 spring/summer collection.
Shoes: orange Adidas Stella Barricades.
What do you think about the clothes? I really like them and I’ve always been a fan of sunny colors for the Australian Open.
CHECK OUT WHAT OTHER WTA STARS WILL SPORT AT THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN OPEN:
- Jelena Jankovic, Yaroslava Shvedova: Fila print echoes flying tennis balls
- Victoria Azarenka: Green and white Nike tank + shorts combo
- Eugenie Bouchard: Ombre stripes for visual appeal, Nike Dri-Fit mesh for comfort
- Serena Williams: Nike introduces crop tops, yellow from head to toe
- Maria Sharapova: Pure athleticism in the Russian’s new Nike dress
- Venus Williams: EleVen finds inspiration in brushstrokes
- Simona Halep: Adidas‘ red and blue separates, the word “tennis” spelled out in the print
- Ana Ivanovic, Kristina Mladenovic: Red Adidas printed dress ready for Melbourne
- Monica Puig, Sloane Stephens: Ellesse & Under Armour tennis styles for the Australian Open