With only two basic colors, Nike and Maria Sharapova created this super stylish Nike Fall Premier Maria Dress that is set to take up one of the top fashion spots at the 2015 US Open. Designers usually try to stand out with unique prints or attention-grabbing colors, with Lotto being the most extreme example, but this dress effortlessly shows how just the simple playing with black and white and certain textural details can produce a fashion-forward piece perfect even for the most demanding Grand Slam when it comes to style.
The base of the dress is white, while the black blocks at chest, sides, back and hem are equipped with perforations for ventilation. The cut is quite standard, featuring racerback.
Just like Serena Williams’ US Open dress, Sharapova’s is made with stretchy, Dri-FIT fabric, while unlike Serena’s, this one does have a built-in bra. Now at the moment the new Nike tennis clothes have just been released, Sharapova’s dress is $50 more expensive than Serena’s.
Let me also mention that Jelena Jankovic will be in black and white as well, but her dress from Fila’s Platinum collection is much less attractive and cannot challenge the five-time Grand Slam champion’s new outfit.
The world No.3 Sharapova debuted her new kit at Nike’s promo event in New York featuring the brand’s ambassadors, including the Russian’s ex, Grigor Dimitrov.
OTHER WTA FASHIONS FOR NEW YORK
- Serena Williams‘ black Nike dress with front animal print
- Ana Ivanovic‘s handprinted Adidas dress
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s neutral-toned color-blocks by Stella McCartney
- Jelena Jankovic‘s dress from Fila‘s Platinum collection
- New Lacoste looks for Alize Cornet and Timea Bacsinszky
- Lotto again goes down the extravagant path with lace for Agnieszka Radwanska