Wimbledon starts next week and tennis fashion brands are busy releasing their new white designs for the prestigious grasscourt event. We have already seen the styles of Nike for Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka, and now Venus Williams has presented her latest design – a classy and feminine EleVen dress, a perfect mix of sporty functionality and details that make the item unique.
Venus will be quite covered up in this dress, and I have to say I love it - she didn't need to resort to fluffiness and too many details to make the dress interesting. Shoulder mesh inserts and cap-sleeves are bringing a perfect touch of cute, while the single front pleat is adding visual interest to the skirt. There is a metallic EleVen logo on upper back.
As a tribute to her Wimbledon designs, Venus posted on her website this collage of her EleVen whites from the previous years. My absolute favorite of the bunch is the last year's dress, shown in the bottom right corner. To illustrate how much Venus' style has toned downed and improved over the years, I encourage you to visit our past retrospections of her looks:
- 2008: All Venus Williams’ EleVen outfits of the year
- 2009: Venus and her EleVen line throughout the season
- 2010: Fashion focus – Venus wearing her own designs
- 2011: Shocking EleVen dresses and wardrobe malfunctions
- 2012: Roses, geometric and art prints in Venus Williams' EleVen styles
- 2013: Venus Williams works tennis fashion to remember